Tuesday, April 30, 2019

More rail?

I can't see much room for more rail in Utah. I spend a lot of time looking at it, and I'd like to use that old freight rail in Utah County, but the connection to Trax along the east bench seems sillier and sillier. Not sure how much the network interconnect with Trax weighs against the cost of making the interconnection, but likely not worth it. A combination of FrontRunner and BRT could likely do the job better/cheaper.  UTA could easily spend a decade just double-tracking/electrifying FrontRunner, and extending it N/S.

Transit does best where roadway alternatives are worst: Downtown, the U, etc. I worry about Red line ridership when Mountainview reaches I-80. (I also worry what happens to I-80. )  

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts on the matter?