- It would be nice to have documented the timespans of the outreach events, as well as the dates.
- Please don't use pie-graphs: they are inferior to bar graphs for comparison, even for percentages.
- A summary of the routes/corridors most indicates in the 'Mapping Excercise' to display density of suggested improvements would have been a nice way to display where the focus of concern/interest was.
- Detailing the methodology (budget of allocated points) for the conversation boards would be welcome.
- Some way of aggregating rankings would be welcome. Something like a Borda Count would work; viz: "The Borda count determines the outcome of a debate or the winner of an election by giving each candidate, for each ballot, a number of points corresponding to the number of candidates ranked lower". This would be a substantial improvement over language like "25 percent chose this option as their primary consideration", an approach which entirely disregards the importance of secondary and tertiary preferences.
- "LIMITED neighborhoods" needs defined earlier than page 27; the appendix should stand on its own. The idea of such neighborhood also merits greater discussion--transit dependent older adults who are either unable to drive or afford driving, but who live in autocentric neighborhoods.
Friday, June 23, 2017
SLC Transit Master Plan: Community Outreach
Today, we look at the Community Outreach appendix.